Nadi swedan is a unique form of swedan procedure where sweating is induced by passing steam over the body part by using a special instrument known as nadi sweda yantra. The steam is passed through a rubber tube fitted to the instrument and it is an easy method of applying heat to a localized part of a body.
Application of oil to the body part that is to be subjected to sudation(sweating) treatment, followed by passing the steam to the same part with help of a tubular pipe is the procedure of nadi swedan.
Benefits of Nadi Swedana
- Relieves pain.
- Relieves oedema.
- Brings softness to the body.
- Reduces the stiffness of the joints and keeps them mobile.
- Improves the process of blood circulation.
- It helps in removing the mala of the body.
- It removes muscular stiffness.
- Sandhi vata (osteo arthritis)
- Pakshaghata (paralysis)
- Bala pakshaghata (polio myelitis)
- All vata related disorders
- Shwasa (asthma)
- Kasa (cough)
- Ardita (facial paralysis)
- Gridhrasi (sciatica)
- Manyashula (spondylitis)
- Katishula (back ache)